In many cases, an understanding of the business specifics involved in litigation can provide an invaluable guide to legal strategy. An analysis of the factual basis of the alleged claim can lead to successful applications for summary judgment, guide settlement discussions and influence legal tactics. But exploring the complex issues in a given situation, in a given industry, within a given company, in a given period of time requires special skill sets. H.S. Grace & Company, Inc. draws from our roster of senior executives with major global corporations who have "been there, done that" to put together a team with the unique expertise to quickly understand and explain the key issues from a business perspective.
Once on board, we delve into the business issues important to the litigation:
- Is this normal business practice?
- Is there precedent in the industry?
- How does the action relate to regulatory and legal guidelines?
- How were the decisions made?
- What were the financial considerations?
- How does this relate to other factors?
- What other options were available?
The answers, pulled together in a thoughtful analysis outlining the business facts and weighing them against reasonable business practices, provide an invaluable tool to attorneys as they craft their legal approach to litigation.